eta 2: Okay, sorry for the sporadic updating, I was doing it as we went off of my mobile. We’re not getting charged for the bad ones, obviously, and they figured out the issue and should have them printed for us (properly, and in correct quantity) tonight. They’re probably just going to trash the bad prints so sorry, no Purple Pie!
I’m mostly angry at the manager, whose attitude was basically “we’re not even going to try and fix it, just go somewhere else” — what an amazing coincidence that it was figured out pretty much right after he left…Texel says I’m being too harsh on him and I’ll probably feel guilty about it once I calm down, but I am still fuming over how unprofessional his reaction was. Apparently part of the problem was because he doesn’t normally work the print section; I’m going to take that as a good sign that we won’t have to deal with him again.
The rest of the prints turned out well, at least. I’m starting to think it’s just impossible to get con prints done without running into some kind of horrible issue somewhere — ask me sometime about what happened with the prints from September, that’s why we don’t go to the closer print center anymore. :|
Went to pick up the prints…1/3 of the postcards had SERIOUS color issues. Compare one that came out to one that didn’t — I don’t think the photo even shows how bad it is. Pinkie is BRIGHT purple. Also, they only gave us half of the ordered amount of ten of the designs.
We gave them a proof sheet with thumbnails and count for each — these are the same files as last time, they agreed it wasn’t our fault. But the manager is dragging his heels and saying they can’t do anything and we have to just go somewhere else.
This place has always been decent in the past, but these aren’t the same employees we usually deal with and I’m just shocked at both the errors and their refusal to fix it. I am so angry right now.
- doctor-agon likes this
- coalblacksmithreblogs likes this
- wanderguy93 likes this
- awkwardartisan likes this
- eldebo likes this
- gekken likes this
- fuckyesrainbowdash said:Wow. Just wow.
- fuckyesrainbowdash likes this
- drawsomeponies said:I sometimes wonder how folks at print shops can manage to keep their jobs; if they can’t get colors or quantities right even with a proof sheet, that’s just sad. I could see them erring this badly with film or slides or negatives, but this is stupidity.
- serenamidori likes this
- joeywaggoner likes this
- landofdoom likes this
- ask-night-mare said:Did they at least compensate you for screwing up?
- famosity14 said:That always happens with me too! Almost every time I order prints, the people screw them up. I feel your pain and I hope you can work it out.
- darksilverhawk said:That’s awful! Hope you get it sorted out. At least Purple Pie looks pretty cool, anyway.
- numerosix likes this
- rickjohnson likes this
- ask-sketchyblade likes this
- somethingscurry85 likes this
- marikaefer said:Damn those recolors D:
- drbanswers said:wow, that sounds pretty bad, I hope that that doesn’t happen again
- emmetwhisperer likes this
- drbanswers likes this
- stitchpunk1 likes this
- foolishcreations said:Where did you get these from?
- dedlok said:Oh it shows in the picture. And that is downright horrible and wrong of them. Hope you get them to fix it.
- diddyjakal likes this
- just-ask-rainbow-dash likes this
- askaunicorn likes this
- wiseplatypus likes this
- lookupsidedown likes this
- scavenging-otter said:i would still buy a grape pie
- tablix likes this
- daimonsanguine likes this
- asksilverglow likes this
- ask-mlpsoarin said:Iunno…Purple pinkie seems…interesting.
- opalwhisker said:that’s horrible! D: i’m sorry and I hope you can figure out another way to get all the prints you need! :C
- opalwhisker likes this
- askstripes likes this
- egophiliac posted this